Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I opened an Etsy shop!

Hello Everyone,

I want to apologize for not posting to my blog in a long, long time.  But I have a really good reason...or should I say "excuse"?  I have finally opened a shop on Etsy to try and sell my jewelry and support my habit...of jewelry making that is!

Opening an Etsy shop had been a dream of mine, but never thought it would happen.  Not because of time, or money, but because of my own fears.  I tend to talk myself out of things that scare me.  I like feeling comfortable...well, who doesn't?  So, almost two years ago I signed myself up for Tae Kwon Do classes.  That was step number one...get in shape doing something "fun", but that also scared the living heck out of me!  Get over some fears and just step outside of my comfort zone.  This Friday I'll be testing for my Red Stripe, so please wish me luck.  I'm terrified every time I test, but then feel awesome afterwards!

It probably sounds like I'm rambling, but Tae Kwon Do actually ties into my Etsy shop...stay with me...  One day while sitting in the formal Do Jang watching my kids training I brought a Fire Mountain Gems catalog with me to pass my time.  It just so happens that a woman sitting near me asked, "Do you make jewelry too?".  Long story short, she's one of my best friends now, and she just happens to have an incredibly successful Etsy shop herself!  I've helped her do some wire wrapping for her store during her busy season.  She pushed me to open my shop.

My mother just turned 90 on Monday and she's my greatest inspiration for ALL of the crafting that I do.  I opened my shop as my "present" to her because she always asked why I didn't try to sell my jewelry creations.  So...now I AM...no excuses!  She's thrilled for me...she's the best mom...always supporting me and encouraging me.

Please check out my shop:  www.etsy.com/shop/designedbydonnad.  Oh, and you may as well check out my friend's...her stuff is gorgeous!  www.etsy.com/shop/celebratetoday

Thanks for listening...I'm just SO excited, and needed to share.

Take Care,
Donna
www.etsy.com/shop/designedbydonnad

No comments: