Saturday, July 26, 2008

Amethyst Haute Couture

Here's a card I made yesterday. I had this in my mind for some reason and just had to make it before I forgot it. Again, this is all Stampin' Up! products. I used the following cardstock; glossy white, basic black and almost amethyst. The also used a piece of designer series paper in almost amethyst. The stamp set is an old hostest set called Haute Couture...LOVE this set!!! It's something I just had to have and bid on eBay for it and won! Woo hoo!

It's a standard size card; 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I stamped the image using a Versamark pad onto the glossy white cardstock(it makes a watermark of the image), poured my silver embossing powder over and heated it using my heat gun. I colored in the dress using my almost amethyst marker. The trick here is to go over the image once, then come back to 'darken' the areas you want to have shadows on. I punched the corners of the image and small piece of black cardstock using my ticket corner punch, glued them together and then onto the almost amethyst cardstock. I popped this using Stampin' Dimensionals (foam dots).


I made the silver spiral using 16 gauge wire, tied a piece of black grosgrain ribbon on and voila! To make sure it stayed in place I used a dot of Crystal Effects to hold it down.


I always have to decorate my envelope to coordinate with the card. It makes the receiver excited to open this piece of mail first! Using my Aqua Painter and SU! chalks I colored in her hat, lips and cheeks.

That's it for today. Keep coming by to say hello & leave me some comments so that I know whether or not you've appreciated this post. Thanks!

No comments: