Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Finally some Stampin' Up! pictures!



















After charging the battery on my camera I finally took pictures of a few of my latest cards. I do plan on explaining my colors and how I went about making them, but for now I want to get some of the photos on line to "entice" you!


Card making is very relaxing to me. Unless I'm scrambling to make one for a birthday party that my six year-old is going to. Speaking of which...guess what I'll be doing later this evening? When I first started making cards I truly had no idea what I was doing. Then I was introduced to Stampin' Up! by a neighbor of mine at a workshop and I was hooked! I learned how to cut and layer card stock and how to come up with the color combos that look good.





As I continue to grow and explore I learn about new techniques to try. Depending on their level of difficulty it may be the last time I try a particular technique. For inspiration, instead of looking to another website for ideas, I've been learning to really notice what attracts my attention. Whether it be colors that are appealing, arrangements of objects and their relation to each other or nature. It's so simple now to be hit with an "a-ha!" and run up to my craft room and try my hand at creating something. I've even dreamt of ideas! The point is, however you get your inspiration, just go with it. You never know what great project you can create!



This "Bonjour Magnolia" card is the perfect example. I saw the most beautiful flower growing wild in my yard. I think it was a morning glory or clematis because it was on a vine. The color is what struck me though. It was a creamy white flower with a blush color in the center. Immediately I thought of this stamp called "From The Garden" that I just had to watercolor! All products I used were Stampin' Up! I used glossy white card stock with regal rose, barely banana and certainly celery card stocks. I stamped the image using black Stazon ink and then colored it in using my aqua-painter and ink from my classic stamp pads in regal rose, barely banana and certainly celery.





Then I used the Bonjour stamp from the "Carte Postale" stamp set, punch it out using the 1 3/8" circle punch and then sponged regal rose around the edges and popped it up using a Stampin' Dimensional. I finished it off by using the ticket corner punch on the edges of the glossy white card stock and placed gold brads in each corner. I hope you like it!

No comments: